Digital Signal Processing Designer
* Determines DSP engineering design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities, and requirements; analyzing user and potential user input; evaluating similar and related products and systems; identifying and establishing performance standards.
* Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
* Develops DSP engineering design plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying DSP engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria including voice compression, tone and silence detection/suppression, traffic and performance statistical analysis, audio digital filtering, adaptive filtering, sub-banding, and embedded software; adapting and modifying DSP engineering options; developing and evaluating new DSP engineering architectures and algorithms; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; collaborating with related engineering design teams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; identifying and resolving design integration/interface issues; determining and establishing design specifications and safety standards.
* Verifies and validates DSP design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; building and testing simulations and models; completing code tests and debugging; conducting compatibility evaluations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems.
* Documents DSP design by recording engineering design features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings; specifying operational training; detailing safety and support requirements.
* Maintains engineering design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information and DSP engineering analysis to team meetings and reports; guiding engineering technicians.
* Implements DSP design by providing technical support; troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to engineering design.
* Prepares engineering design reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging DSP engineering technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
* Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Hardware Engineering Fundamentals, Hardware Design Tools, AutoCAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design, Conceptual Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Attention to Detail, Telecommunications Systems Engineering, Functional and Technical Skills, Design Skills, Innovation
Pay: $45 to $52/hour
$45 to $52 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time