Industrial Controls Technician
|Reference # :||20-00063||Title :||Industrial Controls Technician|
|Location :||Dallas, TX|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||10 Years||Start Date :||01/22/2020|
Pay-36.05/hr + $1 differential
3333 Dan Morton Dr Dallas TX
Shift_ 6pm-630am on 2x2x3 schedule
The ideal candidate will possess expert knowledge of PLC's,VFD's, Servo's and plant automation systems. Supporting andtroubleshooting all industrial control systems including OEM "originalequipment manufacturer control systems”, process control systems, WonderwareSCADA systems, VFD's, Servos, HMI's and control networks.
Commissioning control systems, troubleshooting operationalissues, perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration includingflow transmitters, pressure transmitters, level sensors, etc. Troubleshoot and commissioning variable frequency drives, servo systems, andindustrial networks including Control net, Device net, and Ethernet.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completingmaintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packagingand processing equipment (optimizing uptime and minimizing downtime) and utilitysystems (to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electric power,gas, or air required for operations) and; following diagrams, sketches,operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
• Troubleshooting and resolving Control Networks, Instrumentation, PLC, HMI, VFD,Servo and motor control problems.
• Develops enhancements and improvements of industrial control schemes to driveoperational improvements and cost reductions.
• Complies with the following initiatives: Maintenance Excellence,Management Operating System (MOS), Safe Quality Foods (SQF), 5S, GoodManufacturing Practices (GMP), Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Provides related technical guidance and expertise; assisting and coachingMaintenance, Operations and QA associates on an ongoing basis.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions,irregularities, and continuing needs. Closes out work orders in MVP CMMS, whilewriting technical summaries and descriptions, detailing work performed, forpermanent record keeping.
• Maintaining controls related documentation (OEM manuals - electrical drawings -P&ID drawings - files, programs and parameters for control networks,drives, PLC's and process databases)
• Complies with the following initiatives: Maintenance Excellence, AutonomousMaintenance, Management Operating System (MOS), Safe Quality Foods (SQF), 5S,Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Process Safety Management (PSM)
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in electronics or associated field from a two-year college ortechnical school or equivalent combination of education and experience ishighly desirable. Must have High School diploma or GED at a minimum.
• Two to five years applied industrial controls experience using Allen Bradleycontrol platforms (SLC500, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, PanelView Plus, RSLogix,RSView ME, etc.), Motor Controls (Servo and VFD), Wonderware SCADA systems,preferably in a food/beverage manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of PLC's, VFD's, Servo's and plant automation systems.
• Working knowledge of all automation standard practices as defined by the ISA
• Multi-craft/multi-skilled in electrical, electrical controls, mechanical,pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication is preferred.
• Any and all Internal Candidates must have BUL endorsement
• Any and all Internal Candidates are required to have current resume
• Any and all internal Candidates are required to take the Ramsay skills testing(cannot retake within 9 months
• Working and practical knowledge of plant utility systems is highly desirable,(including boiler systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed airsystems, waste water treatment)Working knowledge of National, State, Localbuilding codes, OSHA and standard industry safety rules/regulations.
• Satisfactory test scores on the Ramsay Test Protocol related to the job skills requiredfor this position.
• Ability to work various shifts
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Requires standing tolerance forup to 4 hours continually.
• Must be able to lift or lift and carry up to 55 pounds
• Must be able to push/pull up to 55 pounds
• Must be able to forward bend and squat frequently
Job Type: Full-time