Converts to perm at minimum of 42k/year
Hours 6am-6:30pm for day shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
The Operations Technician is a self-driven/self-motivated individual capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision. The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization. This position safely and efficiently operates assigned equipment to produce quality product at prescribed standards while minimizing material waste and product loss. The position has the opportunity to actively participate in all aspects of line functions and will be eligible for skills based pay increases. This position will rotate across varied filler lines and associated machines within a value stream and be responsible for operator care. Operations Technicians must be able to multi-task and effectively communicate with others.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information
- Effectively tear down, set-up, monitor, operate, changeover and clean applicable equipment (from upstream to downstream, including blow molder) and provide quality inspections on all related items to include but not limited to OQI, weight checks, compliance with product specs, etc.
- Ensure clean and inspect standards are up to date and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure lubrication standards are up to date and completed in a timely fashion; maintain lubrication logs
- Maintain working knowledge of all value stream equipment to include all support equipment, ability to troubleshoot, make minor adjustments and repairs using basic tools
- Completes PM’s and other routine operator maintenance tasks; assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of machines; partner with maintenance or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling.
- Monitor equipment for malfunctions and defects, repairing and solving minor problems without assistance and eliminating potential threats to production
- Own a specific piece of equipment within the operation. Responsible for overall health of equipment and developing, maintaining, and improving standards associated with assigned equipment (CIL, Centerlines, One Point Lessons, etc).
- Own a functional system (EHS, Qual, Operator Care, etc) within the team. Develops expertise within that function and coaches other team members on the execution of the system
- Communicate effectively with managers, lead persons, and maintenance personnel regarding recurring problems and needs for repair
- Take part in PM’s and utilize the Root Cause thought process to ensure corrective actions are sustainable
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities to improve processes including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times
- Actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to observations, inspections, and recommendations.
- Works diligently to achieve line efficiency goals
- Assist, train, and coach peer employees
- Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals
- Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent required
- Achieve and maintain required certifications
- 1-3 years related work experience desired
- Blow molding or plastics extrusion experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to pass tests required for this position
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and basic PC skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision making ability
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to learn all functions of job within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and to keep accurate written records
- Ability to work various hours and shifts
- Able to work overtime when required and schedule flexib
Pay: $14 to $15/hour
$14 to $15 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time