|Reference # :||20-00048||Title :||Maintenance Planner|
|Location :||City of Industry, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||01/13/2020|
The Reliability Planner supports a line, value stream team, or technology group. The Reliability Planner is directly responsible for progressive maintenance pillar activities and support of mechanics within a business unit.
The Reliability Planner should act as a servant leader and empower mechanics and line team associates to higher levels of performance and greater morale. This role requires a dual tactical and strategic focus. The ideal candidate will be able to support the team's immediate needs while making the necessary adjustments to PM's, parts, and tools. The Reliability Planner will work with the Reliability Leader to daily coach and improve mechanic skills and behaviors to drive performance and compliance to plant programs, processes, and policies. Reliability Planners support daily execution of Daily Direction Setting priorities, development and improvement of PMs, ensures sufficiency of spare part inventory, and manages KPI. In addition, the Reliability Planner is responsible for developing planned maintenance strategies that support safety, people engagement, quality, cost, reliability and continuous improvement initiatives. This position may be fixed on day shift or support off shifts.
• Continuously monitor PM performance with Maintenance Manager to ensure preventative maintenance tasks are effective and completed
• Assist parts room clerk with pre-kitting and staging parts for work orders
• Ensure all equipment/machinery is entered into MVP
• Create and maintain machine bill of materials
• Provide weekly/monthly work order cost analysis report to Maintenance Manager
• Develop, implement and execute Predictive/Preventive maintenance procedures and plans
• Manage maintenance costs through efficient use of resources, while staying within monthly, quarterly and annual operating budget
• Apply reliability methodologies to drive enhanced asset performance
• Monitor equipment performance, investigate asset failures, analyze data, and develop and execute action plans to improve asset reliability
• Analyze, identify, recommend, and implement solutions for reducing production downtime, and non-value added activities
• Identify and implement productivity enhancement opportunities
• Lead and facilitate RCA/BDE Root Causes Analysis/ Break Down Elimination), and assist in the development of the capitol plan for cost reduction-related projects to support business objectives
• Duties may include supervising mechanics
• Follow all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics
• Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from 4 - year college or University
• 3-5 years of experience; Prior planner experience required or equivalent combination of education that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable
• Experience with asset care strategies based on industry best practices and site and industry failure data
• Experience with maintenance cost and production loss data to identify performance gaps
• Engineering Degree from 4 - year college or University
• SMRP Certification
• Experience working with a CMMS system like MVP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Able to think quickly on their feet, especially in emergency situations
• Strong computer skills, including the ability to maneuver through software systems including MVP, Excel, SAP, Kronos etc.,
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent root cause and corrective action problem solving experience
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, schedules, ingredients, recipes, safety procedures, emergency procedures, chemicals labels, graphs, charts, reports, and computer monitors
• Ability to effectively communicate specific information using verbal and simple hand signals to team members, leads, customers, supervisors, and state officials in a noisy environment
• Ability to conduct meetings with team members, supervisors, and state officials
• Ability to troubleshoot multiple problems that arise
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to work with others, including subordinates and supervisors, to complete regulatory duties
• Ability to multi-task and time-manage themselves
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to strategically think in terms of process improvement
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods and Earthbound Farm rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
The WhiteWave Foods Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship. WhiteWave Foods and Earthbound Farm are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.