Responsibilities include developing detail design solutions utilizing Drawing Packages such as CREO and AutoCAD for the system infrastructure (network, storage, and computing) for new and revised systems. The position will require detail design artifacts to be generated which include drawings using computer assisted design (CAD) systems to prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, and electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, parts list and other related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. The candidate may have to prepare specifications, drawings, procedures and related engineering change orders.
• Familiarity with CAD modeling tools, such as CREO (Pro/Engineer) and AutoCAD, and related drawing standards
• Has strong hands-on familiarity with 2D and 3D drawing types
• Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
• Has performed Drawing Checker tasks for Design and documentation accuracy to drawing standards
• Experience applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5)
• Experience performing tolerance analyses on individual parts and assemblies
• Design experience with defense-related products, familiar with common industry and military standards
• Basic engineering principles as they apply to hardware assemblies
• Familiarity with Military and Commercial Drawing Standards, including ASME-Y14.100
• Experience in developing Interface Control Drawings, Cable Assembly Drawings, Wiring Diagrams, Installation Drawings, and Rack Elevation Drawings
• Knowledge of engineering process documentation (EPIC, ISO and/or CMMI)
• Knowledge of configuration management process
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4+ years of related work experience or 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline.
Job Status: Full Time