Principal Systems Engineer
This position is the representative for the MFRFS product line at government tests and demonstrations. The primary responsibility of the Test Lead is to work with the MFRFS product line customer, the MFRFS product IV&V leads, and the multi-mission radar core product team lead to establish plans and execute test events at various locations within the contiguous US. The Test Lead will be responsible for organizing the participation of MFRFS products at events, coordinating test configuration and asset shipment, access privileges at government sites, and will attend customer test planning meetings. The test lead will work with the product IV&V leads to determine the software and hardware configurations for each test. Additionally, the test lead will be responsible for chairing the MFRFS product line test readiness reviews. The MFRFS product line executes in a fast pace, spiral development environment that specifies, designs, implements, tests and fields radar technology for our customers that meet warfighter needs.
The Test lead will support the MFRFS multi-mission radar core product team lead, providing technical engineering leadership to the MFRFS engineering team, and is responsible for the success and performance of end to end radar testing. This role will partner with the MFRFS Chief Engineer to ensure flawless engineering execution on existing and new development programs. The Test lead is also responsible for MFRFS product testing to ensure prototype hardware and software validation and verification at Government ranges is executed flawlessly The test lead is the test readiness review chair The test lead is responsible that all processes have been completed or waived prior to test.
Requires frequent domestic travel to Raytheon and customer locations.
12+ years of Radar System engineering experience with testing of software and hardware using power systems, electrical components, and software and hardware interface design and verification.
- Experience testing systems and software requirements and developing system level integration and test procedures.
- Experience with Army customers.
- Experience with test equipment, test software, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experiences with both sides of the Systems Engineering V including requirements development, allocation, design
- implementation, test planning and requirements verification.
- Experience with Active Electronically Scanned Antenna (AESA) technology
- Experience with testing Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) with a focus on RF Electromagnetic Interference testing.
- Experience with software integration and test for radar modes and waveforms
- Willing to travel frequently to Government testing locations to plan and manage Government test events
- Experience with Radar field testing including generation of test matrices for Government firing tables
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience supporting field systems and RF systems transmit/ receive chain, radar processing hardware/software, and built in test.
- Experience with cost account management, earned value management, integrated master plans and integrated master schedule development.
- Experience with integrating radar systems on military vehicles.
- Proven experience with leading teams, influencing, communicating difficult technical information to leaders or customers, building team relationships, and communicate with senior technical leadership.
- Excellent presentation skills, meet schedule milestones, and able to build a collaborative team and work in a matrix environment.
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment, and work outdoors in various weather and terrain.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline..
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, Science or related discipline.
Pay: $70 to $80/hour
$70 to $80 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time