|The Procurement Specialist will be part of a team responsible for managing a core set of suppliers, specifically focused on accelerating deliveries as required, confirming supplier acknowledgements, and improving on time delivery. This position plays a significant role in ensuring a high level of material availability for businesses which directly support manufacturing. The Procurement Specialist will need working knowledge in SAP, a college degree and supplier relationship management plus procurement skills.|
Maintains inventory by preparing purchase orders and bid requests; adding received goods to inventory; maintaining information systems and historical references.
* Maintains master file of stock items by assigning numbers to new stock items; updating specification files; recording reorder point information.
* Provides information by opening and distributing mail; answering questions and requests; making copies; updating and generating reports.
* Completes purchase requests by verifying inventory and specifications of purchase requests; preparing stock and equipment requisitions; inputting purchase orders and bid and service requests; expediting deliveries.
* Maintains service contracts for office equipment by accepting requests; contacting vendors; recording contract billing.
* Verifies warehouse inventory by inputting and adding supplies received to current inventory levels.
* Maintains historical reference of supplies, equipment, and services by keeping records of items and services purchased, prices, delivery and shipping costs, and product or service acceptability.
* Recommends bills for payment by verifying bills from suppliers against bids and purchase orders.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Reporting Skills, Control Engineering
Job Status: Full Time