Senior Electrical Engineer
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN!
Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components.
* Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
* Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
* Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
* Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
* Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated)
- Architect circuit card assembly-level power schemes.
- Utilize power conversion simulation programs like SIMPLIS to model converter design performance.
- Utilize analysis tools like MathCAD to assess electrical design robustness of power circuitry.
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power components.
- Design power converters to meet a set of requirements, sometimes defining those requirements.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff.
- Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
- Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Must also have design, analysis, and test experience with any one of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull.
- Must have professional experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades.
- Must have professional experience using PSPICE (or similar), and other circuit simulation tools.
- Must have professional experience with analysis tools such as MathCAD.
- Must have professional experience with guiding ECAD folks through layout (power focus).
- Must have professional experience with thermal concerns of electronics.
- Must have professional experience with taking, analyzing, and correcting Bode plots.
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
- Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused.
Pay: $85 to $90/hour
$85 to $90 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time