Delivers best value product or service by developing acquisition plans; entering into, administering, modifying, or terminating contracts; selecting contractors; making related determinations and findings; maintaining records.
* Develops acquisition plans by studying agency type, quality, quantity, and delivery requirements; forming procurement teams; reviewing previous acquisition plans; completing market research; identifying commercial or Government resources; deciding between lease or purchase.
* Prepares contracts by requesting and considering the advice of field specialists; establishing type of contract and contracting method; drafting, reviewing, or approving specifications or statement of work; preparing the solicitation; selecting sources; establishing performance and delivery schedules; obtaining financial protection against losses; determining transportation; employing value engineering approaches.
* Selects contractors by promoting competition; soliciting bids; managing bidding process; examining contractor qualifications; reviewing, evaluating, and approving contractors' purchasing and subcontracting systems; ensuring that contractors receive impartial, fair, and equitable treatment; adhering to guidelines restricting foreign purchases, and promulgating socioeconomic programs; studying cost, quality, and timeliness of the delivered product or service; negotiating terms and conditions; approving first article test results.
* Approves contracts by evaluating bids or proposals; rendering determinations based on findings; examining proposals and pricing; signing and distributing contracts; publicizing contract actions; resolving tax questions; following procedures for the determination, negotiation, or allowance of costs, and for contract financing and payment.
* Administers contracts by conducting production surveillance; preparing contract modifications and change orders; assuring quality production; assigning or requesting contract audit services; considering protests; processing contract disputes and appeals; reviewing contractor audits, reviews, inspections, and examinations; ordering work suspensions or stoppages; voiding, rescinding, and terminating contracts.
* Maintains procurement information by assembling, organizing, and presenting contract placement data according to the uniform reporting requirements for the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS); establishing, maintaining, retaining, and disposing of files and records according to guidelines; making information available to the public.
* Reduces costs by minimizing duplications and excessive requirements; managing risks.
* Maintains public trust by conducting business with integrity, fairness, and openness; avoiding any conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest; enforcing all laws and regulations; protecting procurement and classified information; submitting disqualifications; reporting suspected antitrust violations; adhering to Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), and labor and environmental protection policies and laws; honoring rights involving patents, data, and copyrights; applying the Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) rules and regulations.
The Principal Subcontract Specialist is responsible for providing consistent oversight and evaluation of supplier performance, including cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance. The Principal Subcontract Specialist will monitor the overall performance and reporting of the subcontractor’s daily activities to support the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals; ensuring continual assessment of risks and opportunities; and supporting active management of these to achieve flawless program execution.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage Fixed Price and/or Flexibly Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
* Develop Import/Export plans while adhering to compliance guidelines
* Lead formal Negotiations
* Placement of Purchase Orders that are of Medium to High Complexity
* Maintain compliance with Federal and State Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
* Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
* Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop complex strategic sourcing and pricing agreements
* Manage supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, and quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements.
* Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques
* Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation plans and develop solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
* A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar position which may include progressive work in a contract/subcontract, procurement, purchasing, supply chain or buyer/supplier related role
* Working knowledge of (IPD) Integrated Product Development System
* Earned Value and Integrated Master Planning/Scheduling experience
* Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
* Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external customer base
* Strong written, verbal and listening skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Business or other related field
Job Status: Full Time