The candidate must be a US Citizen
Technical Support Specialist will perform a wide variety of technical tasks in a production/test environment, including electronic and electrical/mechanical assembly, lab support, and field installations. Tasks may include cable assembly and wire prep, use of hand and pneumatic tools, and manual installation of units and cabling into equipment racks and shelters. The job requires working with sensitive equipment and intricate detailed designs. The Technical Support Specialist will use systems for reporting, tracking work and as-built configuration. They will utilize various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. The Technical Support Specialist will check for work correctness. They may assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance. Impeccable workmanship is a necessity. The ideal candidate will have recent experience integrating rack mount hardware in shelter based and office based environments.
- Able to complete certification in the following areas; Electrostatic Discharge Control, Lock Out/Tag Out, Hazmat controls, Electrical safety, Workplace Organization and Lean Manufacturing Principals
- Able to follow safety work standards including use of Protective Personnel Equipment, i.e. safety shoes, glasses, respirator
- Solder experience/certification
- Certification to IPC-A-610
- Experience working in a ISO/DOD environment
- Experience with drilling, grinding, countersinking, part marking and other related mechanical processes