|Salary: 80-120k (dependent on experience)|
Can offer relocation assistance
We are always looking for a dynamic person who is eager to gain experience in and lend his/her experience to a wide-ranging set of civil engineering projects. Currently we are focused on a design engineer specializing in water/wastewater/utility design of pipelines, preparing cost estimates, and preparing written technical reports and engineering studies. Candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and be willing to work with and advise project principal of potential design issues or recommend alternate design options.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the field of public works water and wastewater infrastructure design.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other modelling software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Engaging in long range planning and design for capital improvement projects involving water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Prepare/Evaluate/respond to proposals related to engineering projects. Will be involved in preparation of project cost estimates for competitive bidding purposes, review construction and engineering plans and evaluate performance of project vs. plan.
- Technical review of water and wastewater infrastructure for municipal and district clients.
- Making presentations, facilitating meetings, and compiling written reports to City Councils, County Commissioner's Courts, Boards of Directors, committees, commissions, professional and technical personnel, and the public.
- Involvement in evaluating engineering related issues for utility relocation projects.
- Be called on to provide information and technical assistance to other office engineers, consultants, developers, private citizens and/or public clients.